Summertime! And the living is easy...

Or is it? Between the news from Istanbul, and the "Brexit" vote, I'm starting to feel like "I'm just visiting this planet." So I changed the title of this blog from the bland, "Connie Knapp's Blog" to "I'm just visiting this planet." Because that's how I feel.

And then there's my own stuff-planning my retirement from 30+ years of college teaching. And there's another place where I have other worldly experiences-college teaching has changed drastically over the last 30 years, but that's another story-visit me at Being An Information Systems Professor for that story.

I do love the summer, and I always have a list of projects miles long. This summer is no different. So, just for fun, here's my list:

  • Finish Sage Lewis's Udemy course on setting up a GoDaddy web site using Wordpress.
  • Finish AndrewWilliams's Udemy course on plain old Wordpress
  • Start Andrew Williams's Udemy course on installing Wordpress locally
  • Finish Seth Godin's freelancer course
  • Learn how to use Scapple, a mind-mapping tool
  • Take down the old arbor, put up the new one
  • Plant a new butterfly bush, hydrangea, and honeysuckle in the garden
Some of those things take a few minutes, some take, well forever!

Just to keep me motivated, here's a picture of the beans growing in our garden-this will remind me why I do like summer!

So, what are your plans for the summer? Not just your vacation plans, but your project plans, garden plans, whatever plans?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is it really 2023?

Summer Vacation

Coronavirus and the election? Thank heaven it's over