I'm back!!

After a very challenging year I can happily say that I am cancer-free, and now ready to start enjoying my retirement.

And my wife Anne has two new knees (say that fast!) and one sore ankle (long story) but at least surgery is behind both of us.

Soooo.....it's September again. The second September that school is starting and I'm not going in.

Last year was a whirlwind of surgery and coping with a diagnosis of cancer--I didn't actually get to feel what it is like to be retired.

This year I'm getting to enjoy it.

Here's what I've got lined up (so far!)

  • I'm taking Reformed Worship and Sacraments, online at the University of Dubuque Theological Seminary. It's my seventh course; one more and I will have earned a Certificate in Congregational Leadership.
  • I'm taking Drawing I with the amazing Laura Gould. I've taken art journaling with Laura but it's time I really learn to draw.
  • I'm teaching the Thursday morning Adult Ed class with Tami Seidel at the First Presbyterian Church of Yorktown, my church.
  • Finally, I'll be teaching 7th and 8th grade Sunday School, alternating with Adult Ed on Sunday mornings at First Presbyterian.
Sounds good, doesn't it?

In between I'm lobbying for peace and justice with my Friends Committee on National Legislation Advocacy Team. Anne and I will be attending the Quaker Public Policy Institute in Washington DC in November.

And finally, our three beautiful adopted kittens are bringing us great joy. 
Luna
Shiva


Kali
Named for goddesses: Luna, goddess of the moon; Kali, mother of the universe; and Shiva (who is actually a god but we thought was a goddess), the destroyer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is it really 2023?

Coronavirus and the election? Thank heaven it's over

Summer Vacation