Nicaragua Day One


How do I describe a week in Nicaragua in a few words? I guess I don't. Bridges to Community does it best-look at their website www.bridgestocommunity.org and their video. Fourteen of us from First Presbyterian Church of Yorktown went to Guanacastillo with Bridges and we built two houses in one week. We split into two groups of seven. I'll try to capture my experience in a few pictures-here's the "before" on day one. We dug holes for the foundation-I have never worked so hard in my life! The house will be built on the right. The sand and rocks for mixing the cement are in two huge piles in the middle of the picture. The cinder blocks on the left will make up the house-a one room 12' by 16' house that Lidio, Maria Ofelia and their children, two year old Christofer Alexander and five year old Isiana Yoelka, will live in. Eleven year old Fernando, Lidio's son with another woman, also lives with them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is it really 2023?

Coronavirus and the election? Thank heaven it's over

Summer Vacation