The Last Days of 2014

How how did this happen?  How could it really be December 29, 2014?  All the things that I was going to do in 2014, and now it's over.

I'm ending it well, though.  Over at A Mindful New Year with Susan Piver and Lodro Rinzler.  I've had some terrific sessions already, and this is only day three of six days.

And I'm ending it quietly-I've caught whatever it is that's going around, so I'm kind of down for the count.  Sleeping, reading and in general taking it easy.  Enjoying homemade turkey soup (best use of the Christmas turkey carcass) and lots of ginger-peppermint tea.

Rowe Center Fall Workshop
I have two wonderful classes to look forward to.  In January I'll be taking a class with the amazing Jane LaFazio - Sketching and Watercolor: Journal Style.  I had the great pleasure of taking a weekend workshop with her at the Rowe Center-here's what I was able to draw after only a day of class:

I can't wait to see what I can do after six weeks!

And when Jane says that she can teach anyone to draw, she means it.  She was able to teach me, and until this workshop I would have said that I had absolutely no talent at all.  Now I know that talent is only part of it-I can really learn how to draw.
Bluegrass band, 12/11/14


And the other class is six months of on-line fiddle lessons with Lora of Red Desert Fiddle.  I've already downloaded the first lesson and by George, I'll be great when I finish.  I've got the playing the violin part down, all I need is the fiddlin' part-bowing, improvising, stuff like that.

So those are my plans for 2015.  What are yours?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is it really 2023?

Coronavirus and the election? Thank heaven it's over

Summer Vacation